Monday, April 5, 2010

making *Easter* perogies

my mom
my *bitt*
&
I
made our *Easter* perogies
the other day.
*
*
take a look:

*****************************************************

these are the tools you'll need:

fresh made dough:

*
mom rolled it flat, & rolled it flat
*
cut out *small circles* from the dough
*
sprinkle the small circles with flour
*
place a small, floured circle in the perogie press
*
scoop a heaping scoopful of potato-yumminess into the middle
*
***squEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzE***
*
scrape off the excess dough
*
peel out your newly pressed 'rogie
*
soon these few...
...became this many!!
*
*
an army of perogies,
the fleet waiting to be fried:
*
*
yeah...just like this...
*
*
oh heavenly, Easter goodness!!

they were just what perogies should be.

i'm pretty sure i did my grandmother & Great-Grandmother Helen proud.

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

Happy Monday-Funday!!

5 comments:

  1. I love perogies! and that makes me sooooo hungry right about now! Crispy and Creamy... what a lovely combo! I bet they are quite proud of you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...we made so many of them...they're breakfast, lunch, & dinner for the next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh you just made me hungry too! The only pierogies I've ever had were the frozen ones, and even those were delicious! I can't even imagine how amazing yours tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...my...friggen...GOODNESS!!! i want some...SHARE!!! yum yum YUMMERS!!!

    and now it's dinner time here but all i want is that. thanks a lot! ;)

    haha. kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you know the back of your dough press is a cookie cutter for your dough

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails