Thursday, April 15, 2010

...

quick post:
*
*
at the end of my school day yesterday,
around 2:30-ish,
i was helping Subhan,
one of the little first-grade boys,
revise and edit his writing.
his writing was very good,
but the capitals & punctuation
were non-existent.
so, in the last ten minutes of the day,
i sat with him explaining a sentence is not a sentence
without those two things.
[you know how we teachies do...]
*
*
next thing I know,
he looks away from his paper
and up at me.
I said,
"What?"
*
*
then...
...with those big,
grey,
first-grader
eyes
Subhan said,
"Miss Zampelli, you make my brain work."
*
*
OH.
*
*
LORD.
*
*
IN HEAVEN.
*
*
he absolutely made my day.
probably made my week, and
my heart is ten notches bigger than it was yesterday morning.
*
*
*
Happy Thursday.
*
*
*
What is something this week that
suddenly made the mouth go...{{cheek-to-cheek}}...for you??

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails