Wednesday, April 7, 2010

happy *52nd*, mom

Helene is *52* today!!

OMG!!
That's double my life, plus a year and a half!
Whoo!!
*** *** ***
below are some pics
from the life of
my mother,
the person who has given me life
& helped me survive it so far.
**** **** ****
**** ****
****
**
*little Helene*
*
*
*little Helene*
in her hat on Easter
circa 1962-1964
*
*
haa haa!!
@ a 1960's *pool party*
[i kinda wish i could go to one]
*
*
my mom, on left, with red socks &
my aunt sissy on right.
i love this picture because i look at my
mother here, & know exactly where i came from.
like i was born from her childhood, but mine too.
does that make sense??
*
*
uh oh!
older Helene!!
any resemblance??
*
*
my ma?
in a dancing recital?!?!
yep.
look at those gams!
with my aunt dawn, left.
[they've been friends since they were little little]
*
*
70s Helene
in
'the Farah'
[R.I.P, Farrah Fawcett]
*
*
mom, left & aunt dawn, right.
wow.
youth.
*
*
70s/80s Helene, but
this is her to me, now.
such a sass-ball!
thank
you,
God,
for
her.
*
*
mom & me,
boogie oogie oogie.
*
*
mom & *bitt*,
brunettes in black
*
*

happy happy happy 52nd year, mamacita!

I love you with all of my life.

God blessed me with you as my mom. Thank you for going through all your troubles, all your hardships -in the name of your two daughters - and for fighting through them to get to where you are now. You deserve only the best and loveliest things that this world has to offer, and I pray this year will bring you closer to all of them.

*********************************************************

Have a lovely Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. how cute are those vintage pics..i always love looking back at old pics of my mum, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a sweet post! You're mom is very pretty--and she's lucky to have a daughter like you! Hope she has a good bday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww lady, your mama is so gorgeous! from then into now...happy birthday helene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the happy birthday vibers, errybody!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails