Wednesday, April 14, 2010

*watermelon*

okay, loves,
so
we
know
it's been a tiring week for me, so far.
*
*wah wah wah*
*
cry me a friggin' river,
we all ti'ed!
okay.
i got it.
let me explain the reason for the
*watermelon*...
* *
i am student teaching for 12 more days, not counting today.
i've been a licensed, certified substitute teacher for over a year and a half.
i've been teaching since i could talk.
i played 'teacher' with my friends growing up.
i had my mom buy chalkboard paint & paint two entire walls of our basement!
i used to make up student attendance sheets with random names on them & assign one of the names to the class clown who'd always get in trouble.
I
need
to
teach,
like,
now.
*
okay, so why the *watermelon*?
*
well,
the whole process has been like this:
*
imagine it's a blistering, hot summer day.
the sun is baking you.
you're sweating,
you're parched.
in the shade, in the distance, you see
a tray of sliced, cold, juicy, seedless
*watermelon*.
you make your way over to the tray,
and your mouth starts to salivate.
you know that this will be just what will
grant you some relief.
you pick up the fruity-scented slice to your mouth,
the cool vapors playing around your lips,
and
right before you take the first bite,
someone drops from the sky,
snatches the slice
and begins to lecture you on the growth process
and benefits of *watermelon*.
*
like, WHA??!!??!!
*
I don't need anymore 'talk' about teaching!!
I need my own classroom,
pronto, people
so I can start doing what I know
I was born to be doing!!
*
Would you deny Michael Jordan a basketball??!!??!!
*
Would you deny Michael Jackson a microphone??!!??!!
*
*
{{deeeeep sigh}}
*
*
i'm just part of this waiting game.
*
i guess that's what connects me with so many other people in this life, if nothing else.
[that's comforting...no sarcasm intended...really, none intended, i do actually find that comforting.]
*
we'll see
we'll see
we'll see
what
happens.
*
for now,
today,
off again
to
*1st Grade*
*
how can I complain??
they
are
so
cute.
*
*
*
*
Happy Wednesday!
[thanks for reading]
*
*
*
*
oh!!
speaking of *watermelons*:
"I carried a watermelon!"
**
**
**
"I carried a watermelon??!!??!!"
**
**
**
[i love that part.]

4 comments:

  1. :) I can so relate and yes it does comfort one to know they arent alone! But you are a step ahead of the game, you are in the classroom! me i'm in Radiology wishing I was in a room filled with mixing bowls, kitchen-aid's, fondant sheeter, convection ovens, spatulas, flour and sugar in bulk... *sigh* one day!
    We will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasara --- I so appriciate your everyday visit to me & my newborn baby BLOG. We thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Well, I hope things fly by ASAP and you have your own classroom before you know it!

    Oh, and that is such a great part of the movie! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your passion woman! you NEED to be teaching your OWN class NOW!

    hope it happens so but in the meantime...enjoy those first graders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails