Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Teddy

Happy Birthday to my Teddy.
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * *
* * * *
* *
He's in heaven now, but
today would've been his birthday.
He was given to us as a puppy...
along with all his neurosis.
Oh, what a weirdo he was,
but I loved him so so much.
To my Teddy,
* * *
Thank you for being my puppy.
I miss you and I will always love you.
I hope you're up in heaven chasing all the dented ping pong balls,
being good company for Aunt Mickey,
tellin' her how I'd lay there on the cold kitchen tile floor
singing "My Little Buttercup" to you.
* * *
Sometimes you were fluffy,
sometimes mom cut your mane into a mess,
but all the same, you were my boy,
my first taste of motherhood in mild form.
* * *
You're forever in my memory.
You're forever in my heart.
* * *
Happy Birthday.
***
**
*
Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails