Friday, July 2, 2010

*pipe-cleaner*self-portrait*

so, I'm taking college classes this SuMMeR.
***
if you stop by HERE often,
you know I despised attending my June class
[although, i ended up receiving an A+ on my final project,
which i might eventually post about]
***
well, ladies & g-men,
i'm singin' a new tune with this July class, entitled,
Using *ART* with Students with Special Needs
***
i really have to say, I love this class.
***
our first project was to create a
self-portrait of ourselves using pipe-cleaners,
and then
set our 'mini-us' to a background.
our pipe-cleaner version
had to show us doing something
we enjoyed.
***
i tried *unsuccessfully* to make a
pipe-cleaner bicycle,
so instead,
oh, and did you notice the *pipe-cleaner* babies?
Haa haa!
***
i added my pink Blackberry & earphones later
***
...and then made my shoe-box background.
the background is supposed to be the *trail* i run on.
***
this was how it looked
displayed in class:
[do you notice the pipe-cleaner 'LIVESTRONG' bracelet I added??]
***
mine's on the far left, with a few of my classmates' work
***
more classmates' work hung on the wall
***
some of my favorites:
***
***
her inspiration was
'head in the stars'
***
***
it really was the cutest project,
and easy to do with most little ones.
***
i'll probably be posting more of the
creations that come out of this wonderful class,
so...stay tuned!
***
***
*
***
***
oh!
i also have
two more pieces of news
that
has brought with it already:
*
first,
[oh my goodness, both bittahs!!]
were hired @ the new SportsGrill
opening up in a nearby town!
*
this news is very exciting because
it -hopefully- means that the
$dolla*dolla*bill$ flow
will direct itself into my pocket,
which indirectly means:
&
&
[maybe??]
*
so, ultimately, good thing.
working wit Bitt? good thing.
however,
loss of more
me-time for me,
and
us-time for *the boyf* & i?
foo.
we all make sacrifices for the greater good.
{wink,wink}
***
***
*
second,
today
is the
*1st birthday*
of
little
Maxim Luka:
mommy & daddy
are
our good friends
Jamina & Lev
and
i'm so happy their family is in our lives
*
i smile every time i see
this *chubbarino's* chunker face:

happy 1st birthday, Max

loveLOVEloveydovelove,

Aunt 'Manda & Uncle Tome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails