Thursday, February 18, 2010

*creativity* in a new light

When you hear the word genius,
what do you think of?
*** *** ***
Do you think of someone as being a genius
OR
having a genius?
author Elizabeth gilbert -- of *eat pray love* -- suggests the latter
*
*
after I finished reading *eat pray love*
I 'YouTubed' her name and the video below
was the first to display.
*
*
I'm so excited to have stumbled upon this twenty-minute clip
because she tells, from experience as a successful writer,
from research,
& from talking with other great writers who've
experienced it,
of a fresh new way to think about creativity.
*
*
I'm excited because if you are a creative
individual -- and we all are, really -- this video
will
truthfully
and
honestly
make
so
much
gosh
darn
sense
to you
that it'll be a
tad
bit
scary.
*
*
I hope you watch.
*
*
What she says about the poet
and the *thundering poem*
has happened to me more times than I can
count, but now I just have words to go
with what I experienced.
*
*
i just started gilbert's new book Committed
and we'll see how that read goes.
maybe it'll straighten up my great BIG marriage
question mark over my head?????
*
*
Anyway...without further ado...a new way of thinking:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails