Saturday, May 8, 2010

on the day *before* Mother's Day

[I'm doing it early!]
Haa haa!
*mom*

[sing to the tune of 'Happy Birthday']
**
Happy Mother's Day to you.
To this family, you're the glue.
You sometimes get really bit...chy,
but we appreciate all you do.
**
**
there's a universe-sized amount of love I have for you, Helene.
[I only call you 'Helene' 'cause it's ridiculous. No disrespect.]
**
**
You're one of my best friends, but
in a not-so-obvious way.
Thank You
for
always being there
when I need you to be,
and for not always
being in my buisness
and
needing to know
every detail of my life,
in some weird
dependent, insecure way.
[ahhhh...breathing room]
**
**
So...
*yay*
Mother's Day,
for what you make us remember.
...for what you make us reflect on
and who you honor.
**
**
...and
*yay*
that
my mom
is
mine.
**
**
Happy Mother's Day today,
and tomorrow [obv!],
and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails