Thursday, December 31, 2009

*linger* on the *last day of the decade*

December 31st, 2009
*the last day of the decade*
I still remember what I did for *new year's eve* 1999:
i went to my friend Danielle's grandma's house.
I was 16 years old.
my hair was cut above my shoulders.
i didn't know that I didn't know anything
Drives me crazy how 'just yesterday' that seems.
since then my decade has found me...
...*in love* for the first time
...two times *in love* after that
...a witness to the fall of the Twin Towers.
...without *my Nana*
...answering to my *true calling*
...in a serious relationship of three-and-a-half years <3
...a health buff (most days)
...a bike-enthusiast
...obsessed with mopeds
...with way too much time on my hands
...with not a single second free to pee
...losing touch with old friends
...gaining new friends
...happy beyond comprehension
...with too much fear to know what to do with
...with gorgeous sleep
...without sleep
...swimming in a sea of GOOD music
...drowning in an ocean of crappy music
...pleasantly surprised, by the end.
I started out the decade being a confused little girl.
Now I'm on this BLOG as a confused young woman.
I can't believe 2010 starts tomorrow, ya'll.
In the blink of an eye, it'll be *New Years Eve 2019*.
I raise my champagne glass to you, readers,
and wish you a
Happy New Year,
Happy New Decade!

May your *2010* have you accepting each minute as an *unrepeatable miracle*.
xoxoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails